Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Books you all need to read.

Forgive me, my imaginary blog readers, for being tardy to the party once again. I'm very spacy. For about a week I forgot I had a blog. Then I was reading Evie J's blog (If you don't know who Evie J is, splash yourself over the head with water and then come back) and I realized I hadn't updated mine in almost a month. I'm that pathetic. Yeah, sad, ain't it?

Schmokeydoke. I'm on a caffine rush, so forgive the imaginarywords and try to focus, Kay? I'm here to scream to the world a few books that need attention. Looking for a read? Happy birthday!



BOOK 1: FEED- Mira Grant
(Newsflesh trillogy)

This book, in short, is about Blogger-reporters following a presidential campeign and zombies. In short; the book that made me cry and kicked my writing style to the curb. Even after I got over the book itself, I moped in self pity for two days because I could spend a decade and not be half as good as this chick. So do me a favor? READ IT. Or I'll cry AGAIN.

George is the best main character ever, and the second book, Deadline, just came out. As soon as I get a job and, you know, make money I'm going to buy it. My mom cut me off because I've been buying books like they're going out of style. But, as we all know, books never go out of style.
Sorry. Getting off topic. Just read it, please.

Once again, it's Feed by Mira Grant. You know you want it.






BOOK 2: MOON CALLED- Patricia Briggs
(Mercedes Thompson series)

Have any of you, my fellow writers, ever picked up a book and thought "I'd sell my soul to have written this?" For me, this is that book. Forget the sketchy looking cover- this book is liquid gold. I love Mercy to death. She's the most Kick-ass MC ever, and Adam is... jeez, I don't even know how to describe Adam. I'm going to go with amazing.
Oh, I forgot to tell you what it's about. Werewolves going public. Very smexy werewolves. And werecoyotes. I've read this book about three times and laughed my tail off every time (ever wondered why I don't have a tail? That's why). Pure. Awesome. Possibly the best book ever.

What are you waiting for?









BOOK 3: NIGHTSHADE- Andrea Cremer
(Nightshade series)

Ok, to be honest, this one doesn't match up to Feed and Moon Called, but it is an amazing book that doesn't get enough attention. It's about werewolves. Again. What do you expect from The Lycanthrope? I'm obsessed. It's my job.
Anyways, it's great. Calla is an amazing MC, and she deserves better than backburner. So, if you need a sharp read, NightShade's a good one =D

Ok, becaues I'm in love with it, I'm putting the new cover. I want to steal it. I mean, the original is amazing --> but the new one rocks my socks off. So I'm posting it too. I want to hire Andrea's cover maker. And maybe steal her too. I'm creepy like that.

Anyways, read it. I love all the characters and their dynamics. The next book, Wolfsbane, comes out on July 26th, I think. So it's a good time to add it to your read list.



So that's it for now.
But I'm coming back to Inkpop soon =D
And I'll try to be interesting again.
I know I'm boring anyone reading to tears.
so Ima leave now.
...
Oh, wait I forgot
I'm now in love with Panic! at the disco.
Sorry, forgot to mention it.
Listen to their album "A fever you can't sweat out"
It's majorly impacting poor Anita's life.
Ok, you can go now.

Laters, gaters.
Peace, Love, and Vampire Diaries

No comments:

Post a Comment