Saturday, February 12, 2011

Darkest Birthday EVER (Part two)

Ok, part 2!!!! It's going to be a bit shorter than originally planned [ =( ] cause I procrastionate and don't have time with Parent Control's on my laptop, so I'm going to compare and contrast fast.


Original

Word Count: 96k

Kyri Farson, a quiet, inquisitive girl of age 17, took her German shepherd mix out for a walk. That was about when she was attacked by a pack of wolves. After sighting them in her backyard, but before another pack of wolves showed up and all-out battle started around her. Minutes later, the first pack vanishes into the dark… and the remaining pack turns out to be somewhat human, including her crush from school, Leo.

As Kyri adjusts to the world she’s been thrown into, a dark war rolls on the horizon for her new friends.  Somehow, she is caught in the middle and is in danger every second she defies the enemy’s leader.  Worse even, the Alpha of the pack, Leo’s promised mate, has no love lost over Kyri. The days seem to get worse rather than easier.

No one said it was easy being a lycanthrope.


Current

Word Count: 113k

I shouldn’t have turned back. I had to keep running. If I didn’t, one of them would have caught me. As if they couldn’t already. I shouldn’t have turned back. But I did.

I did.

I wished I hadn’t.
***

Werewolves exist. The guy you love is one, and so is his girlfriend. She’s the Alpha. And she hates your guts. Welcome to Kyri’s world.

One misplaced step, and she was dragged into a war. One that, unbelievably, seems to be over her.  When a long forgotten relative comes to take her home-and at the same time away from the Cerna pack that saved her life -Kyri has to choose which side she’s on: Blood or Bond.
And then there’s Leo, who, up until recently seemed like a perfectly normal, attractive teenage boy. But then again, that was before he Shifted into a six foot lycanthrope.
Nothing’s as it seems. At least not with Leo.
Or his Alpha girlfriend.


Am I the only one seeing the difference?
Cyrus: No, of course not. We're not blind. The second one is obviously better; I get extra attention.
Fallon: No, that's exactly why the first one's better.
Kyri:... not really. The writing was bad. And the internal dialogued sucked.
Fallon: Not my fault your thoughts were stupid.
Kyri: and the imagery wasn't great. Don't get me started on the grammar.
Narriating me: Thanks for the ego boost, guys.
Leo: What? I didn't say anything.
Nm: I know you didn't, Leo, and I appreciate that.
Fallon: Suck up.
Kyri: No need to be mean, Fallon
Fallon: No need to be stupid, Angeonet
Cyrus: That was a little out of line
Fallon: Everything I do is out of line. My name isn't Sally Sunshine, moron.
Cyrus: 0-0
Leo:... that didn't make any sense.
Fallon: I didn't ask your opinion, Bainbridge
Nm: Ok, that's enough *pushes them back in the closet and locks door*

Sorry about that ^-^'' Anyways, if you're still reading, for reasons unknown, thanks!!! This has been a very short DE birthday celebration. Wooo!!!!!! Tomorrow's my inkiversary, so Frozen's finally going up. Peace, love, and Vampire Diaries peeps!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment