Thursday, January 20, 2011

I hate today =P

So, since I have work to get done, I'm not completing this blog post the way I intended to. The quote of the day (you know, since it's totally perfect for today) is "If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster." ~Isaac Asimov. Wonderful quote, Isaac. I'd like to say I'd do the same.

Ok, so I had a doctor's appointment. They shoved metal tubes with cameras up my nose and took turns looking at my sinus cavilaries. Don't get me wrong, they're great doctors and they're really helping me, but I'm totally a lab rat for them. They bring in every single trainee to take a look at me and put me on a billion new drugs and take tissue samples to disect. So yeah, not a good day. And then I had to spend two hours working on spanish with a crappy translator. >_<

Anyways, I'm not letting it ruin my first Thursday Excerpt. So you can stop listening to me complain now (if anyone's even following...)

~Frozen Excerpt~
A flicker of motion caught the corner of my eye. Three big, burly guys were holding a slimmer guy to the wall. “Alright, Casey, listen up. If you don’t come back to Mr. Fowler soon, bad things are going to happen.”
One of the guys had pulled his fist out and looked like he intended to give his prisoner a punch to the face. I wasn't fond of bullies. Bullying was a sign of insecurity.
It appeared it was time for me to make some people feel insecure.
In a heartbeat, I was across the street and in the alley beside the bar. One of the guys had enough time to look up before I kneed him in the gut. He flew back and hit a wall, then fell to the ground with a stunned looking expression. I turned on the other two, resisting the urge to crack my knuckles. The remaining two turned to look at me with wide eyes. “Wha-”
Within the span of a heartbeat, I crouched. I didn’t need to, but I could get a lot more power with a spring start. Then I pushed off the ground, flying at him and tackling him to the ground. The instant his head cracked against the pavement, I turned on the remaining guy. Eyes wide open, he turned and scrambled out of the alley. I rose and stepped away from the guy who’d been my second victim.
Now, to deal with the guy who’d seen too much. When I turned around, he was staring at me with wide, average brown eyes that matched his hair. “Wow.”
“Yeah, yeah, whatever.”
“What?” he asked with a shrug, looking a little too calm for comfort. Then he grinned at me. “It’s not every day that the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen saves my life.”
Saved his life, eh? All it looked like was I’d saved his face. “I don’t like flattery.”
He arched one eyebrow. “Well, that’s a first.”
“So,” I said, giving him a good look up and down and choosing not to respond to his statement. “Your name’s Casey?”
He threw me a grin. “Nope. Ian Casey.”

The name isn't supposed to mean anything to you yet, just in case you were wondering. Whoever you happen to be.... Anyways, if you read, thanks for reading! Until next Thursday :D (Which is the day TVD comes back. YAY!)

No comments:

Post a Comment